There’s nothing quite like the fashion and glamour that comes with a day at the races!
The Mackay Turf Club has different dress regulations for the members, function and public areas, so please view below for more information.
Function Areas and Fascinator Lounge
Gentlemen: Collared shirt only, tailored trousers with belt, covered footwear must be worn
Ladies: Blouse and slacks, slacks suit or dress
Not acceptable: Shorts, shirts without collars, t-shirts, singlets, tracksuits, thongs or sandals, joggers/running shoes, fancy dress
Gentlemen: Collared shirt only, tailored trousers with belt, covered footwear must be worn.
Ladies: Blouse and slacks/skirts, slack suit or dress
Not Acceptable: Shorts, T-shirts or shirts without collars, singlets, tracksuits, thongs, sandals, joggers, sandshoes, runners, fancy dress.
Minimum respectable dress standards are required for general admission. Footwear must be worn at all times. Dress t-shirts, collared shirts, jumpers, dress shorts and jeans are acceptable attire in our public areas.
Fancy Dress is allowed on course in our public areas. The Mackay Turf Club requires that those in Fancy Dress or Costume adhere to the following criteria to be admitted into the racecourse;
- The Fancy Dress / Costume must be in good taste. Meaning in no way can it be found offensive, lewd, or derogatory to any gender, ethnic or religious group.
- The Fancy Dress / Costume must not have any offensive or derogatory slogans or printing.
- The Fancy Dress / Costume must cover all private areas for both Males & Females, and must not be susceptible to intentional or unintentional wardrobe malfunctions.
- Fancy Dress /Costume must not cover or alter the person’s facial appearance.
Fancy Dress / Costumes will not be permitted to any Members or Function areas.
Fashions on the Field
Terms & Conditions
Women’s Racewear contestants must fulfill the following contestant criteria, and acknowledge that they understand and agree to abide by the criteria, as they register, in order to enter Fashions on the Field
Terms & Conditions of Entrants
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or more.
- Contestants and/or their outfits are not permitted to promote commercially a brand, store or designer.
- Contestants must not receive any compensation from a third party for entering this competition.
- Female contestants must have appropriate headwear to complement their racewear in order to enter.
- All prizes awarded to the contestant must remain the property of the contestant.
- Contestants are not permitted to alter or add to their outfit in any way from the beginning until the end of the competition (including heats and the preliminary, daily, state and national final).
A panel of judges base their votes on the following Women’s Racewear criteria:
- Style and originality.
- Appropriateness of the outfit for the season and the individual.
- Attention to detail with accessories.
- Understanding and interpretation of the current fashion trends.
- Grooming and deportment.
- Suitability of the outfit for the raceday.